There are many ways to help end hunger.
Working together, we can close the gap on hunger in New Mexico. Here are some of the ways you can get involved:
- Donate money to your local food bank or hunger relief agency.
- Donate needed food items to a food bank, food pantry, or soup kitchen.
- Organize a food and funds drive at your place of employment, organization or place of worship.
- Plant an extra row in your garden, or harvest extra fruit from your trees, and donate the produce to a local food pantry or the nearest Food Bank.
- Educate yourself and others about hunger in NM.
- Learn about how food banks work.
- Contact your local food bank or food pantry to schedule a tour.
- Invite your local food bank representative to give a presentation about hunger at your organization, workplace, school or place of worship.
- Send a letter to the editor of your local paper.
- Volunteer at your local food bank, soup kitchen or food pantry.
- Volunteer to help low income people fill out SNAP applications.
- Lend your professional expertise to your food bank or community agency.
- Help your elderly neighbors with transportation or food shopping.
- Volunteer to teach cooking, shopping or nutrition classes.
- Support your local farmers by shopping at your local farmers market.
- Support community agencies.
- Organize a community garden so neighbors can grow their own food.
- Advocate in matters of public policy.
- Call your elected representative and express your support for improved food assistance programs.
- Visit your elected representative to discuss food policies, hunger and nutrition issues.